Community Outreach Worker 1017
Community Outreach Worker
Position Title: Community Outreach Worker, Good Neighbor Campaign
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Youth Programs, Case Manager performs administrative and technical work in planning, coordinating, and administering needs assessments for youth. Case Manager will develop and maintain effective relationships with clients/at-risk youth and will counsel participants in academic, vocational, employment and personal issues. Case Manager works in collaboration with staff, partner agencies, sponsors, schools, juvenile courts and other youth service providers in the delivery of services. Case Manager provides individual support guidance, instruction, and mentorship to youth participants and their families. He/she will be responsible for intake and assessment of customers, referrals to applicable social service providers and tracking and recording participant progress.
- Identify and recruit resident leadership from blocks within the Austin community to participate in the Good Neighbor Campaign.
- Connect with community residents through block canvassing.
- Provide support, training, and other resources to strengthen existing block assets
- Inform/refer residents of available programs and services
- Refer residents to appropriate resources to help meet their needs.
- Provide opportunities for youth to use their gifts and talents in the campaign.
- Provide volunteer services on an as needed basis
- Make presentations to local groups
- Attend community meetings and trainings
- Ability to work within communities with citizens, community organizations, and clergy
- Strong communications skills.
- Residence in the community preferred/understanding of community dynamics
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the work.
- Ability to work in an evolving process and structure.
- Good work habits, ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to learn independently, take initiative and produce accurate, high quality work without constant supervision.
- Flexible availability
- At least one year of experience in community organizing or working/volunteering in a community-based organization
All applicants should contact Danielle Dixon (773) 786-0249, or email resume to email@example.com. Include the position title in your subject line.