Westside Health Authority’s (WHA) Community Employment Center specializes in helping Chicago residents find pathways to employment and long-term career success, while servicing the human resources needs of local businesses. WHA offers its clients a caring and hope-filled environment in which they can thrive and achieve their goals. Services for job-seekers include job readiness training, job placement, job club, supportive services and vocational training. These free services are offered at no cost to individuals with a felony record, veterans, special needs, unemployed and homeless residents of Chicago. Businesses also benefit from worksite assessments, TIF fund applications, workforce tax credits, worker wage subsidies, and job matching for permanent and seasonal workforce needs.
Why should you choose WHA’s Employment Center to assist you?
- We have 13 experienced and caring staff who are passionate about helping you find a job
- Our staff will personalize their assistance to meet your individual employment needs
- Our staff will continually provide you with an environment of hope, inspiration and encouragement
- The Employment Center offers you a resume development and typing service
- The Employment Center averages between 50 job placements each month
- The Employment Center has a relationship with over 2,000 business partners who hire our clients
- The Employment Center offers an onsite Mechanical Blueprint Reading Vocational Training Program
- The Employment Center can assist you with entry into over 20 vocational training programs including the CTA Second Chance Apprenticeship Program, the Chicago Animal Care & Control Training Program, the Access United Trades Apprenticeship Training Program and WIOA Vocational Training applications
- The Employment Center has a Job Club which meets every Friday in which new job orders are discussed. Employers often attend the Job Club and interview job candidates onsite
- The Employment Center has a computer lab available for your use