The Westside Economic & Empowerment (WEE) Conference is a two-day event taking place April 21, 2016 – April 22, 2016. It aims to provide resources and networking opportunities for young adults who are seeking employment as well as career and financial guidance. The conference will include a series of lectures, and breakout sessions on career planning, financial literacy, and professional development. Moreover, the event will host a breakfast to bring community leaders together to address the lack economic opportunities for unemployed and out of school residents.
The goals of WEE are to:
- Engage community leaders in strategic planning around reducing unemployment and increasing economic investment on the West Side.
- Increase knowledge and understanding of money management, career development and community resources for young adults.
- Facilitate positive self and professional development.
- Prepare young adults for successful employment and/or educational advancement opportunities.
- Connect employers, employment agencies, educational service providers with job seekers.