Westside Health Authority’s (WHA) Community Employment Center specializes in helping Chicago residents find pathways to employment and long-term career success, while servicing the human resources needs of local businesses. WHA offers its clients a caring and hope-filled environment in which they can thrive and achieve their goals. Services for job-seekers include job readiness training, job placement, job club, supportive services and vocational training. These free services are offered at no cost to individuals with a felony record, veterans, special needs, unemployed, underemployed and homeless residents of Chicago. Businesses also benefit from worksite assessments, TIF fund applications, workforce tax credits, worker wage subsidies, and job matching for permanent and seasonal workforce needs.
Why should you choose WHA’s Employment Center to assist you?
- We have 8 experienced and caring staff who are passionate about helping you find a job
- Our staff will personalize their assistance to meet your individual employment needs
- Our staff will continually provide you with an environment of hope, inspiration and encouragement
- The Employment Center offers you a resume development and typing service
- The Employment Center has an admirable record in placing clients into jobs
- The Employment Center has a relationship with over 2,000 business partners who hire our clients
- The Employment Center offers job readiness training that covers career planning, job application completion, cover letter/resume development, interviewing techniques and job retention
- The Employment Center can assist you with entry into over 20 vocational training programs funded by the City of Chicago including forklift, CNC machine operator, culinary arts, welding, Chicago trades for women, Chicago animal care & control training program, revolution trades training program and many more.
- The Employment Center has a Job Club which meets every Friday in which new job orders are discussed. Employers often attend the Job Club and interview job candidates onsite
To register you will need:
- Social Security Card
If you don’t have ID’s, please contact our case manager for assistance.
Walk-ins are welcome to register
Registration is held Monday thru Friday at either 9:00 AM or 11:30 AM
5417 West Division, Chicago IL 60651